Military.com Discussions » Hot Topics & Current Events » In the News

Thread: Senior NCO Busted for Unauthorized Medals

Permlink Replies: 469 - Pages: 32 [ Previous | 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] - Last Post: Jan 4, 2011 6:12 PM Last Post By: 10020145
Re: Senior NCO Busted for Unauthorized Medals
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:00 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply
My understanding about getting busted any grade, when you retire, you retirement pay is based on the highest level you held, not what you retired as. If this is true, no real punishment has occurred. It is pretty embarrassing to hear of such a high ranking enlisted doing something so unprofessional, especially when it come to the PURPLE HEART (NOW TO ME THAT IS A VERY SACRED MEDAL).
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:00 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
While i was in V/N i left my fatigue jacket (coat) at home.Because i sure didn't need it over there.My brother and a friend of his were hitch-hiking on a state road,and my bro.was wearing my fatigue Jacket. A state trooper stopped and questioned them,and when he found out my bro.wasn't in the Army or had ever been.The trooper came danged near taking him to jail.He sure made my bro.take that coat off,and gave him an a$$ chewing big time. I was never given the paperwork to wear the CIB,even though i had earned it many time's over,and proved it when i sighn'ed up for Agent Orange bennies.I could get it now,but I'm not going to fool with it.That was in 66-67 so why now ? As far as this SGT getting away with nothing but loseing one stripe.Heck they just might as well done nothing.Because that's what it ammount's to. Whiskyman.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:01 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
I agree with the above post that point out the man's responsibilities to his rank. He was a CMS for cryin'-out-loud. This has everything to do with his character, integrity, and lack of discipline. Those things don't develop, or turn bad, overnight. This makes his whole career suspect. He was, with his rank, entrusted with setting the highest standards of the Army. All senior enlisted set the example for the young enlisted ranks that serve under them. No excuse for a CMS to do what he did, none. Zip. Zero. There should be no "wiggle room" for what he did. Then for the Army to let him off as lightly as he was, only shows the troops just how far the old saying......"RHIP.......goes. The Army compounded the CMS's bad example and that they don't seem to recognize that fact is even more of a concern than the CMS's lack of character and integrity. Semper Fi.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:06 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
Everyone forgets the honorable soldiers in the NC National Guard that did not get promoted because this soldier was moving up in rank and holding a AGR/M-Day slot... But then again it is the "Dirty Thirty". They are known for promotion list manipulation!!!
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:07 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
My understanding is that even though you may get demoted during your career, you still receive your retirement pay based on the highest grade you made during your time. If this is true, than really no punishment has been set, except for embarrassment. I am really upset with the fact that this individual actually wore a PURPLE HEART that he did not earn, which to me is a very Sacred Medal. What is this military coming to. I retired ten year ago and I'm glad I did, because the military is nothing like it was---DIGNITY AND HONOR.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:14 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
What in the hell is the Army becoming? That is completely wrong, he should be busted all the way down to Private E-1, and given a less than honorable discharge. Any one who worked his way up to C.S.M. position should have the decency never to wear anything unauthorized on the uniform. You have disgraced the N.C.O. Corps Private Hinton!
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:14 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
This soldier apparently did a wrong however it appears that in the past he was an outstanding soldier? I once sat on a promotion board and often times there were situations where a Soldier had did wrong but he was able to get himself together and become eligible enough to be recommended for promotion,my hardest job on that board was to get my "Counter parts" to understand that because a person makes a mistake that he should not be crucified for it.So for all you do Gooder's let's "Examine" yourselves and then make the decision with all do respect to this "SOLDIER" past record.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:28 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
Not again! Do any of these senior NCOs know what they are authorized to wear on their uniforms? I can't understand, why they would risk so much in return for so little (i.e. a momentary display before a junior rank)? However, that being said, I still don’t believe they should be held to a higher standard than a Congressman, Senator, Public Official, etc., the punishment should fit the crime. I certainly hope that those of you who are calling for this guy’s head on a platter never find yourselves on the receiving end for some similar retribution.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:32 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
He is a disgrace to the uniform. I think a little quality time with some real SF's would be appropriate--and then BCD! How dare he! Especially a veteran. No excuse. And Uncle Sam just turned his head? SAD.....What does that say about how we appreciate our own????
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:35 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
I agree with 26203577. We shouldn't cast stones. I am sure most of us in the service (including myself) have done stupid, immature things we are not proud of that gets put under the radar.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:38 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
I don't get it either. This guy didn't think he would be found out ??? It's too easy to get to figure these things out in conversation. Another Senior NCO who has let his Soldiers down,the military and this nation as a whole.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:39 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
I would never dishonor the living and those that I know and they gave all that they had to give by wearing tab medals that I did not earn.You have to be a real low life to steal the valor these men earn with blood and their very life.Do the officer take a look at the record of the men that they command or they doing the same thing by stealing valor from those that earn it sign 40 yards
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:44 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
He will not retire at his highest pay grade held. When court-martialed or punished under the UCMJ, if they bust you and force you to retire, you retire at the rank you were demoted to. The highest pay grade retirement provision applies to individuals who accepted a rift demotion. That is when the service has too many people of certain rate and they then offer you the option of taking a lower rate or leaving the service. This generally happens after most conflicts when we revert to a peace time force.
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:46 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
how 'bout a good ol'fashioned SF asswhoopin'???? then a requal jump for those wings...an' that pretty purple...........
Posted: Nov 29, 2010 9:46 AM   in response to: MILITARY.COM in response to: MILITARY.COM
I saw more SGMs and CSMs that were just common turds...this doesn't surprise me at all.

RSS Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums